TOP TIPS FOR CHRISTMAS SURVIVAL
CHRISTMAS SURVIVAL TOP TIPS
So a couple of weeks ago we asked you to give us your top tips for Christmas survival.
We have collated all the tips and this is what we have.
- Try to have proper meals
- Avoid pastry.
- Drink your 2 litres of water.
- Enjoy the parties but be very careful before and after.
- Don’t overfill your plate or use a smaller plate.
- Get out in the fresh air and walk – too much time spent inside will make you sluggish and more likely to crave sugar in an attempt to raise energy levels.
- Enjoy it, be merry, have 2 weeks off and get back on track in the New Year.
- Do extra exercise to burn off excess calories.
- Make sure you drink water in between each alcoholic drink.
- If you don’t buy it in the first place then you can’t eat it!
- Eat before you go to parties so you don’t have to eat there.
- Don’t feel that you have to “finish it off”. Unopened and in date food can be handed in for our collection for the Abingdon, Didcot and Wallingford food banks.
- Have a little of what you like rather than a lot!
- Learn to say “NO!”
- At a party, “PARK” your wine so it isn’t constantly being topped up.
- Buy quality not quantity.
- Make sure you fill up on vegetables first.
- Limit yourself to 3 or 4 days only when you have alcohol. The rest of the time offer to drive so you can’t drink.
- Watch the carb based foods!
- Chocolate, cakes and mince pies are only for when visitors come and not for all the time.
- Always ask yourself “Is it worth it?” You don’t want to feel cheated.
- Don’t just eat and drink for the sake of it or because it is there.
- Remember how you feel NOW before the festivities – do you want to feel this way in January? If yes then don’t stuff your face!
- Wear tight clothes to any parties or meals. That way you can’t over eat!
- Be strong!
- Remember how hard it has been to take off each pound you’ve lost so far.
- Just because everyone else is eating rubbish doesn’t mean you need too.
- Don’t stand near the food!
- Watch the sugar!
- Make soup and use it to fill you up.
- Have what you like for two days but then back on it the rest of the time!
- If all else fails – CANCEL CHRISTMAS!